Thread: Success Stories
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2015, 06:33 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimtime View Post
Okay, I know I haven't been on here for a while. I needed to step back and focus on other things besides my son's CRPS and let my heart do some healing. But I just have to tell you all this. About a week ago, he discovered that he can rollerblade and tolerate it pretty well for about a half hour or so at a time. This is HUGE! There's something about the heel-to-toe motion of walking that triggers pain on top of his foot. That motion is avoided in blading. Perhaps that are is where the nerve damage is, I don't know. The doctors can't figure it out because CRPS is not usually a pinpointed area like that. Ultrasound showed nothing abnormal along the nerves.

This break-through came shortly after his ortho surgeon said that if he doesn't start bulking up muscle soon, it's going to become permanently weaker than the other leg. This really gives him a great opportunity to strengthen that calf, ankle and foot. I'm so excited. I bawled for joy the first several times he rollerbladed. I've never cried so much in one year in my life.
I'm so very happy for your son and for you as him mom!! CRPS I believe takes everyone involved on emotional roller coasters. I'm so glad that this is a high!!

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk
stillsmiling is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluekrikit (11-06-2015), Littlepaw (09-20-2015), mama mac (09-21-2015), swimtime (09-21-2015), whiteaa (09-22-2015)