View Single Post
Old 09-20-2015, 07:24 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default 1 month diagnosed CRPS ll

Hello everyone. I am new to all of this and I am so confused about so much and worried about a lot too. I had surgery on June 24 so I'm 3 months post op. I started right after surgery with nerve pain. My ortho and 2 pm Drs have diagnosed me. My symptoms are burning pain in foot with discoloration and temperature different from opposite foot. I also have pain when walking so I use a knee scooter for walking long distances. The burning pain is not constant but it does happen a lot. This past week I started feeling the pins and needles going up my leg to my calf. I'm hoping it's not spreading. I do swell a lot especially when I'm moving a lot or on my feet.
I am working now 3 days a week in a light duty position but eventually I have to be able to stand 8 hours a day. I'm worried about getting to this goal. I will see my Drs this week and discuss nerve blocks. I'm already in physical therapy and I am planning on to continue it.
My meds that I'm on for CRPS is gabapantin 300mg 3xs day, morphine sulphate er 2xs a day. Morphine sulfate 15mg ir as needed. I am also on other meds too due to having major depressive disorder and severe anxiety. I also have insomnia. So I take a number of meds every day. I was on Lyrica but after 3 weeks I started to get sores in my mouth so I went to gabapantin which makes me sleepy.
Here are my questions
Do you think I will be able to stand for long periods of time as to return to work?
I have a lot of short term memory is that meds or CRPS? I couldn't remember talking to a friend on the phone. I also had forgotten what my left and right was while driving.
What is the recovery time of the nerve block and any other info on it?
I'm sure I have many more questions but I thank yall in advance.
************************************************** ************************************************** **

Juliek72 I copied this post & a reply to your previous thread on the main RSD/CRPS section
conversations can carry on at the link below-
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=225304

Last edited by Jomar; 09-20-2015 at 10:11 PM. Reason: added a note re: copied & moved post
Juliek72 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote