View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 03:45 PM
buckwheat

buckwheat

Hi Again Doc,

Here is a clinical trial which relates RSD and dental somewhat. I wish I knew how the results ended with this drug. Hugs, Roz

Official Title: Neurotropin for Acute Dental Pain and for Chronic Neuropathic Pain
Further study details as provided by National Institutes of Health Clinical Center (CC):Primary Outcome Measures:
Efficacy of Neurotropin for acture pain.

Total Enrollment: 100 Study start: September 2000

Patients with Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, re-named Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, type I (CRPS-I), have chronic, post-traumatic pain that spreads beyond the distribution of any single peripheral nerve without evidence of major peripheral nerve damage. A similar disorder, Causalgia, re-named CRPS-II, presents with clear evidence of nerve injury. No successful drug treatment exists for these disorders. Neurotropin is a non-protein extract of cutaneous tissue from rabbits inoculated with vaccinia virus. Neurotropin has been used extensively in Japan to treat reflex sympathetic dystrophy and other painful conditions; however, the drug has not undergone clinical therapeutic testing in the United States. This protocol is to carry out double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover studies about clinical efficacy of Neurotropin for acute pain in dental outpatients and for chronic pain in outpatients with CRPS-I or II.

http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct/sho...006289?order=2
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote