View Single Post
Old 09-21-2015, 01:32 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Red face I am Starting CBD (Cannabidiol) / Doctor's Opinions on Setbacks from Bumps

Hey guys, I have suffered from PCS for 2 years and have had 9 concussions. I'm a 17 year old male. I have had PCS once already for 6 months and I fully recovered. This is my second bout. I just sent this to someone in a private message and my brain's pretty foggy so I thought I should copy it so save some brain energy but I thought this was important to get out to people:

"just to let you know, the doctor believes bumps to the head can be setbacks to recovery although not new concussive events altogether. He does think that anxiety can exacerbate or sometimes make you think you have a bump when you don't, but he believes that some bumps are real.

Another interesting thing is that since medical marijuana is legal in California at the state level, I am being started on CBD (cannabidiol) by my doctor. It is a non-psychoactive constituent of the marijuana plant, so it's not like THC so it doesn't get you high. It's a neuroprotective compound that he has given to some of his patients that helped alleviate cognitive dysfunction. I am very hopeful this new treatment will be of some merit. I will get back to you on that as well once I have had some time on it. Again, the human brain is amazing and I think we can get through this. I'll talk to you soon."

I am also attempting to start the Atkins diet again for brain energy as recommended by my doctor. Once I have experience with these things I'll report back to you guys. To emphasize once again CBD does not get you high. But anyways I'm very hopeful. Keep your heads up! They're finding new treatments every day.
tbi_survivor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote