View Single Post
Old 09-21-2015, 02:11 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Heart

Hello and Welcome,

I wish so much that there was something I could say or do to bring you comfort for the pain you have endured and sacrifices you have made. The best I can say is that I know we are all carrying you in our hearts and sending much love your way.

It is especially challenging when a foot or hand is just mechanically messed up and can never work the same way again. I know personally how difficult scar tissue on nerves can be and there is only so much they can do. I just received round three of steroid injections to my surgical fields to try to reduce scar pressure on the nerves of my foot and ankle.

Have you had ketamine infusions? I and others have found those helpful. Lidocaine infusions can be good as well.

What do you do to take care of yourself physically? I have found exercise to be indispensable for mood, circulation and overall well-being. I just feel so much better when I work out to the degree I am able. Since I just had my foot injected I am back to staying off it for a bit. Yesterday's session of upper body work and a nice long swim was quite nice.

*** I only say the following because I understand that you are desparate to get out of your pain and Obviously you are considering even the most dire possibilities for this***. If, God forbid, it comes to the point for you that an amputation is re-considered I would encourage you to go the absolute best surgeons, possibly plastics reconstruction people who deal with trauma and know how to handle things like flaps and cutaneous nerves. They will have the most experience and understanding of how to handle nerves to minimize neuroma, how to transfer fat to reduce pain, etc. Make sure you know exactly what they are going to do, that it is the most current certain way to prevent complications and that appropriate blocks or ketamine are given pre, peri and post-op.

There, please don't take that as agreement on my part. I do NOT want you to lose your foot and share everyone's concern about ongoing pain. However, in the tragic event that ends up being your path I'd rather you had the best procedure possible.

Please let us know how your appointment goes and please do look at all available options before deciding on something irreversible.

sending hugs and healing love,

Shine Your Bright Light

Last edited by Littlepaw; 09-21-2015 at 02:50 PM.
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (09-21-2015), DejaVu (09-21-2015), Enna70 (09-21-2015), mama mac (09-21-2015), stillsmiling (09-22-2015)