Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default fork in the road

Can't wait to hear about your results ,as I too have IPN
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post
I live in Colorado where cannabis, both for recreational and medical purposes has recently become legal. For two years, I have suffered from debilitating PN and like many others, I have submitted my person to science in many ways for all of the testing associated with ruling out underlying causes. I am glad I did it. I have earned my PN badge. It’s not something I ever wanted but there it is. Also like many others with PN, the underlying cause in my case is unknown. I don’t have cancer or HIV and I was told that unless I changed my lifestyle dramatically, I will never be diabetic. I have been tested for everything that the best neurologists can think of and my Peripheral Neuropathy was determined to be idiopathic in nature, aka IPN.

Since the onset of my symptoms, I have educated myself, poured tens of thousands of dollars into it and devoting myself to making it all better to ultimately improve my now diminished quality of life. I have been prescribed the typical: Gabapentin, Klonopin, Lyrica, Cymbalta (in that order) and oorecently compounding cream. I have tried countless OTC supplements & creams, literally countless. I have three shelves of them and routinely go through them to box the ones that I am sure haven’t helped to make room for the new ones that just arrived. I use devices like The Rebuilder and Anodyne, I even own a traction device. I have built an arsenal of the things that help a little but I am nowhere near where I need to be, having my condition managed so I can go on with my otherwise happy, successful, great life. I recently ran into a snag with my insurance covering Lyrica (which isn’t all that great IMO) and while that was being sorted out and I was spending the usual countless hours researching PN in my endless search for relief, I came across a reputable study on cannabis and then the pain relieving components of the plant. Then I read another study and another, all posting positive results in the area of treating neuropatic pain. Why haven’t I tried this?

Everyone is different and what works for one, may not work for another so I don’t know how long this thread will travel but I am at a point where I will try anything and today I am trying CBD, the organic, pain relieving component of the marijuana plant. There are no psychoactive properties, there is no high or smoking but rather just the pain relieving benefit from the plant. If I am willing to put all of these lab-manufactured chemicals in my body, why not try something that grows from the earth? It is legal and available here and there is research to support it so I am going to give it a shot.

I'll post back with my experiences, positive, negative or neutral.
Dcw2015 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pinkynose (09-21-2015)