View Single Post
Old 09-21-2015, 10:53 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default I have these too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk42284 View Post
about a year and some change ago, I began experience weird symptoms. At first I thought it was depression and anxiety, then after meeting with a psych doc for 6 months and not getting relief and describing my symptoms to her she said its time to go see a neuro. My symptoms are I get an overwhelming sensation in my throat that is sometimes accompanied by a painful emotion felt in the temples. The weird sensation in my throat feels like an emotional feeling like im welling up to cry but i dont and cant. My hands also start to shake and just have a general feeling of something isnt right. My eyes also clench like when something stings from pain. my eyes always do this the same time that overwhelming sensation in my throat happens. I have been working with an amazing group of neuros and they are convinced they are auras or simple partial seizures. So they put me on lamictal and have worked my way up to 400mg and they seemed to have calmed down but i still get them and some days are better than others. There are no specific triggers that I know of, they just seem to happen at any given time. Does anyone experience this and does this sound like a simple partial seizure? PLEASE HELP fellow neurotalk peeps!!!

I have simple partials too! From what I understand they are different for each of us. I get an overwhelming feeling of fear and then a feeling that I might pass out but I don't. I just know something is wrong. I have a visual occlusion in my right eye and sometimes even start to loose vision for a few seconds. I get goosebumps and arms tingle and get numb from the elbow down. Then when it passes I get really cold and sleepy. An eeg caught it before I was medicated. I too was given Lamictal which seems to control them fairly well. A video monitored EEG study did not show anything either but like you said they are hard to catch. My neurologist says there are many people like me who only have simple partials but it's nice to finally meet someone! If you have any questions just let me know. Best of luck. I know they are scary.
Cricket05 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote