View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 07:14 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Alexander

I'm glad to hear that this is working for you! As per my last posts I have stepped away from B2 every day. I guess you would say I've only taken about 100 mg in the last month. Also on the allithiamine, I have cut back too .. things have been going quite well and I hate the taste of that pill. Poor reason I know ..

I have had a little bit of tremor working it's way back in and I'm now picking up on the B2 and Allithiamine again, but still not daily. For a few months I was completely asymptomatic. I'm still very good.

As for cause, I'm pretty sure that I have had an intestinal imbalance for the last decade and a half or so. There are a number of bacteria that consume B vitamins .. H pylori and candida for sure. So I'm SPECULATING that my core B vitamins (B1 and B2 mainly) were being depleted in my intestines. Why would that matter? Well it seems that many organs in your body store small amounts of these within the organs and that MIGHT include the brain and definitely includes the liver. As per the reasoning behind the Brazil study that got me going in this direction, B2 in the liver is needed to neutralize hemin, an otherwise toxic ingredient in red meats. It's what gives meat the red color and if you eat rare meats like I did I think your more exposed to hemin. And BTW, hemin does cross the BBB.

I have had luck with caprylic acid for candida and recognized a big change with it in just a few days of intensive treatment. I having to go back now and use it occasionally again with more subtle but meaningful results. Also I'm big on Parmigiano Reggiano cheese which has a high amount of a particular bacteria that fights all of the bad bacteria .. Lactobacillus rhamnosus.

I did let these treatments slide after my GP suspected that perhaps my pramipexole was causing more problems than it solved .. particularly my sleep issues, which is why I was taking it .. RLS. While RLS does bother me now, about 1 time a week I have been able to stay off the prami. And those nights are nothing as bad as it was in the past.

My GP did refer me to a neuro but my appt is still a month or so away. It takes forever to see a good one and I'm seeing the best. Should be interesting.

I hope this helps Alexander!
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (09-22-2015)