Thread: Graston
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 07:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramdas View Post
Botox is a temporary solution right? How long it gives relief?
Depends on the person. Some people apparently cured by botox and PT. I can totally see how that would be possible if caught early on and/or a mild case of TOS and/or Pec Minor Syndrome.

So I have been doing the graston twice a week for a few weeks now. Holy heck, it can be painful, I might try putting lidocaine patches on about an hour before hand. The tissue in my SCMs have literally shrunk...on one side more than the other though, lol. She is also doing this on the deltoids, triceps, supraspinatus (this is my most painful muscle at this time), rhomboids and traps.

I'm also doing PT twice a week with a lot of manual therapy aka, seriously intense massaging to get the knots out. Also doing "muscle memory" exercises to work on posture and abs in PT. (I am one year post op on one side and 8 months post op on the other side)

I got one round of dry needling with lidocaine, I recommend this over just dry needling, the lidocaine made this a great experience vs. the dry needing without lidocaine which is sort of like torture, but does relax the muscle.

My insurance gives me 60 chiropractic and PT sessions a year, at this current rate, I will use them up in three months though...
Eight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote