View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 07:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Dental Implant tooth #20?

Hello I had an old root canal (15 years old or so) on tooth #20. It started bothering me on Labor Day weekend and pain was pretty severe. I had it retreated a few weeks ago but its starting to flare up again. My endontist gave me a prescription also. Its starting to become very painful. My options are to have it retreated again, or to have it pulled and an implant put in. Because its closer to the front of my mouth I'm worried about aesthetics obviously. Also, I heard there is a nerve that is close to that tooth. I'm wondering if anyone has had an implant placed in this area (lower front region) and was it successful? Also, how long after having the tooth pulled would I have to wait until having the implant placed? My regular dentist has a periodontist that works at his office and he wants me to have her do the implants. I researched her on-line and she doesn't have very good reviews. I'm wondering if its better to have an oral surgeon place the implant? Lots of questions, and advice would be appreciated....
Illana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote