View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 10:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Choroid Plexus and Chronic Pain Linked

I read a piece regarding some interesting CRPS research today. It is a very small scale piece of multi-centre research and I've not read the published version so I have no idea of the quality of the research or methodology. The observation made by neuroscientists is that the choroid plexus was nearly one-fifth larger in patients than in healthy control subjects, when a comparison was made between brain MRIs of people with CPRS and those without. The choroid plexus is located in the walls of the brain ventricles and is best known for producing cerebrospinal fluid, which forms a protective mechanical cushion and immunological buffer for the brain. It also controls the passage of many substances from the blood into the cerebrospinal fluid, brain and spinal cord.

For some reason I can't get the link to embed but this is the web address for the article and there are details in there for the relevant journal:

http://horizon2020projects.com/sc-he...c-pain-linked/
Neurochic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (09-23-2015), Enna70 (09-23-2015), Littlepaw (09-23-2015), RSD ME (09-24-2015)