View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 03:22 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

noone knows for sure what is in this particular mucana powder, much less how much l-dopa. one reason they might not put CARBIDOPA in it is that it would require a doctor's prescription and it's a relatively cheap drug. always the skeptic.

this whole discussion is ridiculous to me, a newbie posts on this board asking advice on a treatment almost nobody who posts on this board uses, GARRYW says he uses this treatment but has never tried carbidopa/levodopa so can't make a comparison, and then we have billbobby who doesn't have pd just happens to find this thread and is hyping the treatment and just reposts what's on the mfg's website. it's all taking place in a virtual reality. anyone can say this stuff works great but how do you prove it? honestly, for all the years this stuff has been on the market why is it still such a mystery if it was heads and shoulders better than C/L?

keep in mind that the brain only needs a tiny amount of l-dopa and if you take 100mg of l-dopa orally, less than 5mg actually gets into the brain. that's why you need to take such tiny amounts of agonists compared to l-dopa since almost all of it is available to the brain. 12mg of neupro is good for a day. so to me at least, i don't believe this mucana is 40% l-dopa.

Last edited by soccertese; 09-23-2015 at 04:21 PM. Reason: changed 1000mg to 100mg
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
CTjeff (09-23-2015), dilmar (10-18-2015)