View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 04:05 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi inalan,

Were teeth #18 and 20 previously root canaled?

How long after the first bone graft in #18 site did he place the second graft?

Screw caps on dental implants generally loosen if they were not torqued tight enough of if the implant is loosening.

What type of dentist is doing all of this oral surgery for you?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by inalan View Post
I had a bone graft for 2 implants, # 18 and 20. The bone didn't grow adequately around # 18, and it was " augmented" with a second grafting procedure. The jaw in this area is now much thicker than the rest of my lower jaw, protruding into my cheek. My dentist explained it as the result of the added bone. But I'm concerned. Should I be? Another issue: my dentist charged me for the "augmentation" the same price as for the original graft. Should he have charged me?

In addition, a screw cap the dentist placed on the implant after the area around #18 healed, came out two weeks later as I was eating. My dentist: "It happens quite often." Is this the case? And why?

I'd be very grateful for some illumination.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote