View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 04:26 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather Rae View Post
Hi Painman!

Thanks so much! Yes both times they were the 3 phase bone scans but the first machine used a few yrs ago was a little newer, more high tech I think. The hot areas 2 yrs ago showed up as a solid red mass all around the RSD (knee, above and below) and with the recent machine, I could only see white dots on the monitor. Either way, had to wait the 3 hrs. From what I've read, the bone loss in my knee should've showed up as cold spots. The ortho surgeon was even shocked with the amt of loss I've sustained in the past yr..it's as if someone who's bed bound or something although I'm not. I walk with a limp and have to wear a brace and it hurts cont with the PT too. Bone loss should be getting better versus worse you would think as the crutches have been gone since mid-09. But with the original trauma I've sustained in the left knee compared to the right, I have no idea how they could ever be equal either because I have a partial knee replacement too. Have you ever had your films or C/D's looked at by another radiologist before? I did go ahead and request them. When compared to recent knee films, recent bone density report a few mos ago, now this test looks like I've just suddenly gotten all better!
How did they find out it was the other areas as well? I have always wondered how you know if RSD has spread or if its just aches and pains. I have had 2 triple bone scans on both my feet and ankles. Both showed RSD in my left foot/ankle but it has been the right one hurting so bad ever since the initial shock. My Neuro is stumped as well as the nurse that did the bone scan the 2nd time.
krmitdfrog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote