View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 06:34 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi rachbos,

Just so you are aware, root canals do not fail. They are a flawed procedure to begin with and because there is no access to the many hundreds of microscopic canals in a tooth, the tooth will always remain infected. So although you may have been told the rc's failed, the truth is the teeth have been infected since the rc's were done. Posts are often placed in rc teeth for the purpose of giving them some retention or strength. The reality is that the rc teeth are already inflamed, infected and fragile. So when you put a post inside of a non vital sick tooth, the tooth is going to decay around the post and eventually the post will "fail" or break the tooth.

I assume that you had immediate implants put in after the extractions? This is not a favorable dental option as there is always some degree of unhealthy tissue and bone residing in the area of the rc teeth even after the teeth are extracted. So immediate implants replacing rc teeth will generally fail for those reasons. It is best to wait several weeks or so after the extractions to make sure the areas are healing healthy before placing the implants.

Did the dentist remove the implants and place the cadaver bone graft or did he place the graft around the failing implants? Also, what type of dentist has been doing the oral surgery?

Bryanna

Thanks for your response. Both implants came right out. I had the implants done by a dentist out of town from where I live. When I came home they failed. I saw a dentist here who said the same thing as you that it in not a good idea to do the implant right after extraction. He took the implants out cleaned all the infection out and then placed the graft. I am 7 days out. I am taking amoxicillion. I have one day left. I am just in a lot of pain still. it aches all the time. If I elevate my heart rate at all even something small like loading laundry it just throbs. my gums are super swollen. Just don't know if this is normal or not.
rachbos44 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote