View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 06:51 PM
anon122822

anon122822

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
noone knows for sure what is in this particular mucana powder, much less how much l-dopa. one reason they might not put CARBIDOPA in it is that it would require a doctor's prescription and it's a relatively cheap drug. always the skeptic.

this whole discussion is ridiculous to me, a newbie posts on this board asking advice on a treatment almost nobody who posts on this board uses, GARRYW says he uses this treatment but has never tried carbidopa/levodopa so can't make a comparison, and then we have billbobby who doesn't have pd just happens to find this thread and is hyping the treatment and just reposts what's on the mfg's website. it's all taking place in a virtual reality. anyone can say this stuff works great but how do you prove it? honestly, for all the years this stuff has been on the market why is it still such a mystery if it was heads and shoulders better than C/L?

keep in mind that the brain only needs a tiny amount of l-dopa and if you take 100mg of l-dopa orally, less than 5mg actually gets into the brain. that's why you need to take such tiny amounts of agonists compared to l-dopa since almost all of it is available to the brain. 12mg of neupro is good for a day. so to me at least, i don't believe this mucana is 40% l-dopa.
So you are essentially saying that Im some shill trying to get others to invest in this treatment by hyping it up? The reasoning that Im posting in this thread and reposting what they have shown in peer-reviewed scientific papers is that if they are correct then that means they are able to successfully treat parkinsons disease while managing all the side effects normally associated with taking L-dopa and having no or slowed disease progression. It would be the best possible treatment for managing parkinsons. They have shown that a large portion of disease progression is not associated with direct progression of parkinsons itself but rather improper use of L-dopa/Carbidopa leading to a further relative nutritional deficiency of the following

”L-dopa may induce depletions of serotonin, thiols, l-tyrosine, and l-tryptophan, resulting in RNDs.”

”Carbidopa may induce depletions of peripheral serotonin, dopamine, norepinephrine, and epinephrine, along with system-wide depletion of niacin and vitamin B6, resulting in multiple system RNDs. Over 300 enzymes and proteins require vitamin B6 for normal function.”

All I am trying to do is post EVIDENCE for why it very possibily could work to try to show the fact that there is substantial evidence in support of the validity of this research/protocol.

I have known about their research for over a year now but only recently started on the protocol myself(for concussions) because I wanted to thoroughly understand how this works before investing in it. After thoroughly doing the research on it, I have came to understand what they have actually discovered and the significance behind it. They are able to treat any neurotransmitter related disease at a essentially 100% success rate(there are a few disease states that are more difficult to manage and take longer to correct). Diseases can be seen here - https://neurosupport.files.wordpress...lticolored.jpg

please, before ridiculing what I am saying on here, look into the science and the evidence for that science that they have published before immediately disregarding it as not correct. I can understand and respect skepticism but only if you have looked at both sides of the fence before presenting disbelief for what I am presenting. So please read their 19 studies on what they are doing before disregarding it.

In regards to a few of your statements.

The reason they dont use Carbidopa is this - ”The mechanism of action of the carbidopa and benserazide causes irreversible binding and inactivation of vitamin B6 throughout the body. The consequences of this action are enormous, interfering with over 300 enzyme and protein functions.”

So why use Carbidopa when they have discovered that 5-htp is able to do the exact same function as Carbidopa, while being far more effective, not causing inactivation of vit. B6, and not causing further deletion of neurotransmitters/thiols/co-factors.

In regards to how it is still a mystery is that it has not been on the market for that long. They have only really narrowed in on how to correctly treat parkinsons disease over the last 5 years. Also, how is it supposed to get known if everyone has the same reaction to it as you do? If everyone says well how does everyone not know about it if it is better and disregard it because of that, then there is no one in the first place to try it to say that it works.

For it to get known, people have to look at the science, understand it, and think beyond what they currently know regarding these diseases. What they have shown may go against what your current knowledge allows for, but the fact of the matter is that it works. And it works far better than anything currently available because it is correcting the problem, not creating more.

Sources - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4238750/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4211847/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3068871/

Last edited by anon122822; 09-23-2015 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Added sources.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SueC (12-03-2015)