View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 09:38 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default CRPS & Relationships

Hello Everyone,

I am curious. Through the years, I estimate that I've worked with about 10,000 + people, while I was in the ministry. Over the course of that time, I developed many friends. Yet, those relationships have all been casualties due to the disease CRPS. I have found that CRPS has really put a strain on every aspect of my life including my relationships with the people around me. Am I the only one that has had to tell many people that I truly care about goodbye, because I can't keep up with the healthy in terms of maintaining very many friendships. Of the many that I used to interact with I can only manage to maintain only about 5 or six of those relationships, since I can't socially keep up with them, since they are healthy and I am not. In fact, I've been trying to get together with one of my very good friends for quite some time and just today, I told him that he no longer needed to wait for me to feel good enough on a day so we could get together. I would hold nothing against him for moving on without our friendship being what it once was. Tell me, do you also find that this disease also puts a cramp on your relationships too? ! Believe you me, I've had to tell a lot of very good people good-bye, since I can't keep up, and it is not easy! I'm curious to know if I am all alone on this one!!

I'm all ears....

-Spike-
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (09-24-2015), ger715 (09-24-2015), St George 2013 (09-24-2015)