View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 11:29 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default 7 Days on B12

Notes from the past 7 days on high B12 protocol to treat B12 deficiency.

(B vitamins are pivotal in maintaining nerve and muscle health. B12, B1, B2, B3, B6 all have their role to play. It is easy enough to accidentally mask a B deficiency. B12 deficiency, in my case, was masked and overlooked. Symptoms persist needlessly in such cases. So, check your Bs! And make sure that more intense testing is done than just to check serum levels of B. In the case of B12 "a more sensitive method of screening for vitamin B12 deficiency is measurement of serum methylmalonic acid and homocysteine levels" (Dr. ROBERT C. OH and Dr DAVID L. BROWN: Am Fam Physician. 2003 Mar 1;67(5):979-986)).

My Study on Myself: High B12 protocol and results - WEEK ONE

SEP 18
======

SLEEP: Slept 5 hours, with vivid dreams (it's been a while).

PARESTHESIAS: right toes, left instep, heel, left hand on waking from sleep. right middle fingers.

COGNITIVE: Some "forgetfulness"

CARDIO: tachy on waking from naps. (3 naps from 12:30- 3:55pm)

78bpm at rest.

WEIGH IN: (2 pair socks, track pants, t): 209LBS (95 kg).

---------------------------------------

SEP 19

SLEEP: Slept 6 hours with wakefulness in middle, after going to bed late

PARESTHESIAS: less than yesterday. Right hand TINGLING on waking. Elevated to pillow and alleviated.

CARDIO: Did not notice as forceful tachy on waking. But still present, only to lesser degree.

76 bpm at rest

------------------------------------

SEP 20

SLEEP: Slept 5 hours solidly. Reclined for a further two. Dreams are very vivid. Sleep is very deep. Wish it was longer.

PARESTHESIAS: Finger tips both hands paresthetic. Some minor shake. Greatly reduced tingling in feet. Very very faint tingle in left foot. Fingers on both sides feel tight. Thumb on left feels tight.

COGNITIVE: Concetration is better. Able to more quickly retrieve lost thoughts/names.

CARDIO: Valsalvas and stretching with tensing of body on waking lead to pronounced tachycardia. (120 BPM, bounding).

68 bpm at rest

-------------------------------

SEP 21

SLEEP: Slept 5 hours then a further 3 or more - one break, clear dreams and deep sleep.

PARESTHESIAS / NEURO: Legs feel a little weak, trembly, but not visible. Can carry groceries up three flights of stairs without much problem. Still wish I hadn't. See a little more meatiness to my slightly trembling hands.

This afternoon, a strange thrumming sensation at coccyx. How to tell anyone about that one?

RH less tight feeling. LH a little tight esp around thumb.

L sole tingly (3/10 rating) R sole - not tingly. Some numb patches on outer sole RF.

COGNITIVE: Concentration is better, able to focus on jeopardy better.

CARDIO: No notable tachy on waking and stretching.

74bpm resting

-------------------------------

SEP 22

SLEEP: Slept 5 hours then a further 3 again. Clear dreams. (it has been so long!)

PARESTHESIAS / NEURO: feeling generally tired. 3/10 left sole paresthesia. L quad seems to be coming back a little! Calves still have "missing pieces".

Very slight tingle left fingers. RH no tingling.

CARDIO: 70 bpm resting. Minimal tachy on waking.

------------------------------
Sep 23

SLEEP: slept almost 6 hours straight.

PARESTHESIAS / NEURO: Awoke tingle free. Just starting to get tingly now 5 hours after waking. About level 3.3/10

Twitch in inner right thigh since midnight last night (17 hours worth of inner thigh getting its groove on by 5:20pm today).

CARDIO: No tachy of note to report.

64 bpm resting.

------------------------

SEP 24

SLEEP: Slept 7.5 hours with tiny wakefulness after the 5 hour mark, I think it may have been. Vivid dreams - Schwarzenegger was in a red long sleeve shirt, and I was assisting him in avoiding the Predator. Lawd... my dreams are undeniable jejune today. But very clear - and yes, we do dream in color.

PARESTHESIAS / NEURO: Awoke with no symptoms in feet. Some tingling faintly in right middle fingers. Just starting to feel tingle in left sole now (on standing, 1.5 hours after waking).

Oh! Twitch has gone, thank heavens.

CARDIO: No tachy on waking.

68bpm rest

MUSCULAR: Body is "filling up again." Face feels fuller; cleft in chin returning (didn't know that was a muscle thing) can sense how tight hands have been. I stretch them better now, and can feel the burning measure of their new freedom. Legs changing shape for the better. L quad/thigh really returning. Was scared, frankly, when thighs were "straight!" Now the quad is hooping our a little more, as it should in my case.

Ab muscles are much more willing to tense (have been slack and "distant"). deltoids coming back. Junction of neck and traps- I again have such a junction. Not as pronounced as before, but it is there.

WEIGH IN: 209 lbs steady.

OTHER: Skin color and texture even looks much better. It must be said: I even feel more calm - tranquil - on the B12. Must look into that. How much anxiety is caused by B being low? Anyway, it feels like a drug and thank heavens it isn't one. I'm probably high on levels of this and that, as they return to normal.