View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 06:32 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Spike,

We CRPSers have a finite amount of energy that must be thoughtfully doled out, because we pay a high price when we are profligate with our tiny resource. I have been unable to attend any events, which saddens me, but it cannot be helped. I am limited so I must limit.

My daughter came for a short visit and just one late evening had me worn out to the point of near immobility the next day. She and my husband prepared the dinner for a family get together and did all the clean up, yet I was the one who was exhausted.

You mentioned telling people goodbye, something I have not found necessary to do. I feel as if I am just gradually fading away from the social picture. Gone are my former monthly activities with friends, but I am trying out new ones-meditation and hatha yoga.

I cannot stay up late so evenings are out, I cannot spend too much time sitting in one spot so any drive longer than 20 minutes is too much-also goes for movies, the prolonged sitting plus the sound system vibrations-not happening. If I put make-up on and dress in anything more than casual clothes I am more or less finished for the day. Even long phone calls are too much now-I put friends on speaker so I don't have to hold up the phone. I am an energy miser.

Yes I am recovering, but not at a pace that will likely regain my former life. My CRPS revised life looks like the town you pass through in the blink of an eye on your way to somewhere else.
BioBased is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
booklover (09-25-2015), Enna70 (09-24-2015), ger715 (09-24-2015), PurpleFoot721 (09-24-2015), St George 2013 (09-24-2015)