View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 06:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Update on bean acres

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
there is a slight risk for some people when eating fava beans.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/23...ns-depression/

there is much less l-dopa in fava beans than mucana. if there was a lot people wouldn't be able to eat them, they would get nausea. aunt bean describes processing the flowers, not eating the beans.

keep in mind that with mucana you really have no idea what you are getting, even if it says organic and lists a country. anything can be in that ground flour.
Since this thread was written ...my brother passed on about 2 years ago. He had severe heart trouble along with PD problems. He never would try the tincture that I make from the top buds of the fava plant which have successfully kept me symptom-free for so long. Sometimes I go too long without taking any and all sorts of things start happening.. the foot drag/ no left arm swing...actually it comes up in front of me like a puppy begging/ trouble swallowing/ dry cough/ being off balance/ pain in shoulders and neck pulling me forward...etc. But no symptoms when I keep my L-dopa level up sufficiently. I also make fermented papaya and eat egg plants/ peppers and green tomatoes that Glen Pettibone has discovered help open up the dopamine receptors so that they catch what I throw to them. Glen is an awesome researcher!. Since L-dopa is water soluble...we are now working on a distiller to see if plant water will do the same thing as brandy tincture. Pray for guidance as we start new experiments with the homemade distiller my precious husband is working on for me. He is amazing....no problem too tuff to solve or tackle. Blessings ....Have a great day...smile and make someone happy today. Get some sunshine and exercise. Love ya Aunt Bean
Aunt Bean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (09-24-2015), ScottSuff (09-27-2015), VICTORIALOU (10-15-2015)