View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 01:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hey PurpleFoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleFoot721 View Post
Debi,

I'm so sorry to here about the recent passing of your husband. I couldn't even imagine going through life right now without mine. He has been an absolute blessing and has done everything within his abilities to pick up the things that I find so difficult to do anymore. To top it all off, you have kids and grandchildren that, although I am guessing your kids are grown up enough to take care of themselves, still look to you for love, compassion, advice and from time to time some help when you are able.

I am fairly new to all of this. So far, I haven't lost any friends. The close friends that I have know what is going on with me, at least somewhat, so whenever there is something going on, it is usually planned at our house. There have been a few things that were planned as an evening out that I couldn't make it to, but I always encouraged my husband to go to take the time off and enjoy himself. When he does, I constantly receive texts, or calls when he can, throughout the night telling me how much he wishes I was there.

Since this all started I have been out all of 2 times, not including trips to the doctors. Once for my niece's graduation party and the other for my birthday in which a few of my friends set up a campfire with a lounge chair where I could lie down and keep my leg elevated all evening. Both times I spent several days paying for it. It was nice to get out and do something though. I know that those that are close to me understand to some degree of what I am going through so they make an effort to step up and keep the relationship going strong. Those that aren't, well, I only see them once or twice a year, so none of them know anything about what I am going through yet. I will still try to talk to them on the phone from time to time, but chances are they will just drift away.
I've been keeping up with u since u came on NT I use to be pretty active but health and life gets in the way sometimes.

Thank u for the thoughtful words about my sweet Bubba....we were married 35 years....since I was 17 years old. He, like your husband, would call if out in the evening asking how I was and if he needed to come home. Most of the time he had gotten called in to work so it would be kinda stupid for me to ask him to come home but it was sweet of him

I saw many of my old friends at his visitation....most were my work friends but after being there for 26 years u get to know quite a few people....all had been through most of my married life with me and a lot of them knew him personally.

I'm lucky in that I am surrounded by my immediate family......2 children, Luke 35 and Christina 30. I have 4 grandchildren ranging in age from 9 to 15, 3 boys and a girl. Plus my mom lives in an addition she build on to my house last year. Bubba was like a dad to my son-in-law so he's taken it pretty hard like the rest of us. No more words of wisdom from him for he is silent now.

Thanks and I am blessed to haver u all here to talk to.

Debi from Georgia
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (09-24-2015), Enna70 (09-24-2015), ger715 (09-24-2015), PurpleFoot721 (09-24-2015)