View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 04:01 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Frown Post Concussion Syndrome after car addicent.

Hello NT!

New member here, just hoping to get some help/advice, hopefully one day I can return the favor to someone too (although I'd rather people never get concussions at all where they'd need the advice!). I was in a gnarly car accident on 8/17/15 where I was sitting in the front passenger seat when our little sedan was hit by a Ford F350 right where I was sitting. As a result, I hit my head pretty hard on the right side. 3 days later, I started experiencing vertigo, dizziness, and memory loss/time lapse/"fogginess" and didn't understand why.

Immediately after the accident, we were taken to an ER in a little podunk town, working in an ER myself, I kept requesting a CT scan however the PA assured me I would be fine, gave me 800 mg of Ibuprofen and sent me on my way.

The symptoms that I started to get I thought were due to my thyroid acting up, PMS, or an ear infection. I have never experienced anything like this before. It's bothersome because it's already 4 weeks later and my doctors are telling me to just wait it out. I understand there is no magic pill for this to make me feel normal again, but if anyone has any tips I would be seriously grateful. Probably one of the worst things accompanying my PCS is the anxiety. I've read in other posts that anxiety is a side effect of PCS and wouldn't you know, I had a panic attack and a half the other day at work for the very first time in my life. I say half because the first time it was full blown, the second time I felt it creeping up on me and managed to go meditate and talk myself out of it. What is a pinch less bothersome but still incredibly frustrating is my sense of time - this is what I don't know how to correctly call it. What happens is I might go brush my teeth, read a book, walk the dog, but it all feels like it happened hours or days ago when in reality it may have been only 2 minutes. Does anyone else have this too?

As of now, my MRI came back just fine, I'm taking 450mg Magnesium every day, trying to exercise daily, and trying to handle things the best I can.

If anyone else has experienced PCS and can tell me about their symptoms, things that helped them, anything at all, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks so much guys.
lilyNYC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote