View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 05:50 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Heart Greetings ~ Advice needed

My boyfriend of almost 2 years has mild CP. He is able to walk, though he falls often. His intellect is fully intact. He is actually quite intelligent. He is a licensed minister and went to christian college for a bachelor's degree in computer science with an emphasis in programming.

We are going to get married as soon as we can afford to be on our own. Do any of you have advice for me?

I love him and push him to do everything that he can on his own. I don't let him slide and take advantage of others because it is important to his mental health to be as independent as possible. I also encourage him to try new things. He has found out that he can do way more than he originally thought.

His mom did a good job of pushing him when he was growing up. Now, that he is a man in his 40s, she is babying him and not requiring him to do much. This is to the point that she is doing his laundry, washing his dishes, cooking for him, and buying things that he can afford to get on his own. She doesn't just help him, she just does everything for him and gets mad when he reverts to acting like a kid. He's only responding to the way she is treating him and it has caused him to develop a very selfish way of life.

Yes, my name is Kanna.
It is pronounced like Donna but with a K instead of a D.

Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE because even the word says: I'M POSSIBLE!!!!

I love my family and friends, they help me stay sane!
Kanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (09-24-2015), kiwi33 (09-26-2015), Wiix (09-24-2015)