View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 06:49 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default root canal treatment

Hello,

My name is Celeste. I had a root canal treatment done three weeks ago and since then I have some ear pain, plugged ear, burning feeling around it etc..

First, I made a root canal because I felt pain in my tooth so the dentist suggest to do that treatment. When he first start and remove infection and nerve I felt fine and painfree but after that I floss my tooth and some blood came and I felt pain again in the tooth a bit but mostly around the ear.

I told my dentist about this and ask him to clean again the root or check if there is other infection before to go futher..I finished the root canal but the ear pain remain.

I experienced headaches only on the right side ( where the root canal is )after that, burning sensation in the ear and pressure, in my back and shoulder . I took 3 boxes of antibiotics and pain killers now I'm feeling better no more headache or fever but I still have this ear pain somteimes and also some others strange feelings my arm is feeling weak and my hand too, some pin and needles sensation in the body..

The dentist said that it should go away but I have the impression that the infection is still there and it's travelling...I did some x ray ( 3 d as well) with an other dentist . He could see a black spot on the gum but he said it could be the previous infection and could take month or a year to fade and doesn't mean there is an infection now.

Also he refered me to an endodontist who said there is nothing wrong with the canal made but he want me to do a CT scan before to take any action.

Then he could suggest to retreat the tooth but I'm wondering if removing the tooth and cleaning around it could be a better solution.

Anybody here at the same issue ? if yes how did you resolve it ?
Bryanna any advices ? I saw that you gave many advices about this kind of situation.

Thanks
celeste is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote