View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 08:34 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipsq View Post
First off...welcome. this is a hard club to be welcomed too. If I were you, I would file for short term disability, get away from work, focus on your recovery as if your life depended on it. You are at the early stages catch it now and you have the potential to make a full recovery. However if you dont take it seriously it can become a lifetime kind of thing. I am a year and a half out and still feel like I hit my head yesterday.

Listen to the ted talk Super Better by Jane Mcgonigal, she pretty much outlines what you need to do to recover. Figure out your triggers and dont trigger your symptoms, kind of like scratching a scab, you keep scratching it wont heal. Beleive in a full recovery, dont get depressed and anxious and in time you will heal. However if you are like me, you beco super depressed, super anxious, keep triggering your symptoms this recovery can last forever. Also she has a pod cast too. Youtube Joe Rogan 694. To understand how to heal. Welcome to the most difficult thing in your life, if you face it properly you can overcome it or you can be coming to these forms years from now looking for hope.please get away from your job, its non conducive to recovery. Also if I were you after getting help on this post I would get away from NT, because you can become obsessed with looking for answers and that just fuels anxiety.

Wow! Thank you so much, this is great information. I will ABSOLUTELY listen to the Ted Talks and the podcast and Joe Rogan. I'm actually a little worried about the recovery because I went back to work a few days after the accident. I'm wondering seriously if I'm doing myself more harm by being back, I'm unsure of how easily I'll be able to get disability or take time off work though as I have rent, tuition, and my car to pay. Without my job, I will have nothing I think this is something I really need to talk to my doctor about again.

Seriously, thank you so much for the information. I will listen to everything tonight.
lilyNYC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote