View Single Post
Old 09-25-2015, 07:26 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

There might be a sensitivity to quick movements of the head that happen when going on a road bump on a too high speed or driving on rough roads.

The most important thing is to not stress over it. If it causes you anxiety, breath deep and relax. The temporary increase in symptoms after the head movement from the road bump will cease faster if you are calm than if you are stressed.

When an event such as driving on a road bump make your symptoms increase slightly, your brain is overstimulated and it tries to relax and balance itself. Anxiety impairs the brain's ability to do that. It's like trying to take out a fire while adding fuel to it from the opposite direction.

As someone with a lot of anxiety, my best advice to you is to relax. Even if an event was a close call to a concussion or increased your symptoms, it's not worth stressing over - you cannot change the past, so the anxiety will not help you one bit.

I have no doubt that anxiety delays recovery. Your brain is already "on fire" from the concussion, and it tries to take it out. Help it take the "fire" out by staying calm, not reinforcing your anxiety and if needed, stopping your activity and getting some rest when you feel overstimulated (if it is possible).

Concussions:

27 October 2014 - I accidentally smashed my head against a concrete wall while I was running (it was a slow run of about 3 meters / second).
No LOC.

6 November 2014 - In a sports field, A basketball ball fell on my head from about 5 meters height.

January 2, 2016 update: I am very optimistic, as I've made a significant recovery until now (2-Jan-2016). I am confident that my situation will keep improving.
ProAgonist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote