View Single Post
Old 09-25-2015, 09:51 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Psychogenic seizures/pseudoseizures

Ok, here goes ; hello to all! Diagnosed with seizures, partial and myoclonic jerks in 1990. Two years ago medication was becoming less effective..not ineffective. Went to epileptologist had a video eeg done. Many myoclonic jerks through the test increasing as each day passed off meds. With review of these no wave forms noted. Argh. No partial or complex seizures while In The video eeg. Doc. Basically told me we don't know what is going on, probably psychogenic/ pseudo !! Double argh. However MD told to go back on meds in the hospital. I have great control with the new med they added on to lamictal, vimpat. The doc did not want me to leave the hospital off drugs. So, what is the diagnosis! I have been going to a new epileptologist due to the fact that the other one moved to new state. Just feel like they pat me on the head, tell me everything is ok..etc. Etc. Despite being 100% controlled on meds my doc tried to reduce meds which again started the jerks and then the complex Partial Seizures kicked in. Now, told to absolutely not go off meds. Found I was more confused when meds decreased, sleeping hours after a complex seizure and feeling out of it for 24 -48hours. On meds, no seizures feeling great. Don't know what to do or who to believe, current doc feels that perhaps waves are not seen because there is so much muscle movement during the jerk . For those of you diagnosed with pseudo seizures are you or your loved ones well controlled on meds or is it very difficult, I have been told that one of the important components of epileptic vs. pseudo /psychogenic seizures is that medicstion does not stop pseudo seizures/psychogenic. I am 100% controlled on meds. Any feedback is so appreciated.
Nursemurph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote