View Single Post
Old 09-25-2015, 12:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Nursemurph,

Welcome to the forum! Just like you I have complex partial, simple partial sz. (seizures) I also have absence and myoclonic sz. Your Epileptologist needs to do a SPECT or PET scan to find more detail on your brain. Also they can do a video e.e.g. but it would be the type where they have to do surgery and drill holes into your head and put the depth electrodes directly on your brain. I had this done and it was very painful.

Years ago my neuro told me that I was having pseudo sz. which means "fake sz." like a person would be pretending to have a sz. but they really aren't. It wasn't until I had my brain surgery to reduce my sz. that they saw brain damage so deep in my brain that not a single test showed anything and this could be what's going on with you.

Ask your Dr. to do a sleep study on you along with an e.e.g. and an e.k.g. at the same time. Often they myoclonic sz. can happen in a persons sleep but they don't realize it and if your Dr. finds you have a sleep disorder you may be having sz. in your sleep.

In regards to your sz. meds I would stay on them as long as you know that they are helping stop/reduce your sz. but don't let the Dr. push you on anymore meds until you have a DNA test done this test will show what sz. med will work the best for you with the least side effect.
I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!
Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (09-28-2015)