View Single Post
Old 09-25-2015, 02:16 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Celeste,

I do not know of anyone to refer you to in London.

I agree that it's best to have an oral surgeon be the one to extract the tooth. It may also be better if you went to someone who has a private practice as from what others have shared here, they received better care from those who are in private practice.

When a tooth is extracted, the surgeon is suppose to remove the tooth, then debride (scrape) the socket clean which would remove the periodontal ligament and any visibly diseased tissue and bone. However, it is best for the patient to express to the surgeon that these protocols are to be done rather than just assume they will. All too often these important steps are not automatically done and that's when post operative problems are more likely to result. Always better to be safe, than sorry later.

If you want to, you could make a new post asking if anyone has a recommendation of an oral surgeon in London.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by celeste View Post
Hello,

Thanks Bryanna for the information. I'm sure it comes from the tooth because the headache and ear ache is only from the side where the root canal is.

I'm not sure that I want to do a root canal retreatment anyway because it will cost me a lot as well.

The solution is to find a good surgeon, i'm living in the uk but I have no idea where to find a good one because as you said in others post. Maybe I should say to the endodondist that I prefer to remove the tooth so he could do my a referal.

Do you know any oral surgeon in london ? You said that he need to clean the gum, clean the periontal ligament and what else ?

Thank you again.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
celeste (09-29-2015)