View Single Post
Old 09-25-2015, 11:29 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Sue!! Thank you so much for the expeditious reply. This has been making me crazy, the diagnosis. Not the seizures, lol. No laughing matter here, you completly get this.

Back in 1990 had a video eeg . Found wave activity , diagnosed epilepsy back the a pet scan was done at that time. So long ago I don't remember details but it was helpful in diagnosis.

Currently, Had a video eeg, that is when all the myoclonic jerks really kicked in everyday that I was off the drugs. It got a bit scary. I asked that nuero if we could do a spect, she stated to me that it was of no use in my situation, because I would need to be inthe middle of a seizure while getting the spect. She recommended a temporal lobe monitor to be installed and watched again in a video EEG.

During the video EEG I had these jerks waking me up at night. No sleep study per se.
DNA test? For med choice, never heard of this?
Staying on meds for sure, but going to see clinical psych .. I want to look at all sources of trouble. I need to put this to rest, my husband is ready to wring my neck. He thinks the docs are crazy, I should never be off meds. He is more than upset about my medical care.
He has seen these start from the beginning, after a brain injury they started.
Nursemurph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote