View Single Post
Old 09-25-2015, 11:46 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmafia View Post
Interesting you mention that. Although the nuero doc says I am textbook PCS, my chiropractor says in addition to that I do have some whiplash and that the xrays show my atlas thing is way off, so I have two things contributing to these headaches which have been constant and debilitating for almost 2 months. Chiro says this could be from this injury or older injuries. My neuro wouldnt even look at the xray (only mri) and wrote off the chiro. The chiro did some neck adjustments which did not help with the headcahes so I discontinued. I do think both are contributing to the pain.
I'd be really careful about allowing anyone to manipulate your neck. Your whiplash is almost certainly a factor is your headaches. There's the possibility that swelling in your neck has caused muscle atrophy. That, in turn, can cause instability. Sometimes gentle isometric exercises can help with that. It is also very important to pay attention to your posture, including when you sleep.

My neck damage was obvious, but often it can be hard to detect. Mark from Idaho is better versed in the diagnostic tools and treatments available.
Hockey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote