View Single Post
Old 09-26-2015, 12:09 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by St George 2013 View Post
Hi all.....I've felt pretty puny the last couple of days....early last week I thought I might have a UTI but that calmed down just to come back the end of this week....on top of that my face hurts.....my husband would say "with a face like that.....lalalal"....lol

Finally got my COBRA insurance turned on late yesterday afternoon so made an appointment for this afternoon. I felt so bad at times I could hardly walk from one room to the next. Dr T confirmed sinus infection and since I could not tinkle, gave me Cipro saying it would cover both.

Oh poo.......it's ciprofloxacin.....is that one of the antibiotics we aren"t suppose to take with PN ? Probably so with my luck.

He also said for me to go see my Gyn since the pain is 'down there' and they are always watching for cancer recurrence.....I also have a mesh sling holding my bladder up and that always worries me too. The surgeon that put it in in 2012 said it wasn't the stuff that has been recalled. But I've read people can have other troubles with mesh implants. How would they know ? Just curious......ultrasound ?

Because I feel bad the tears are near the surface and every little thing sets me off. Feeling pretty sorry for myself right now.

Everything reminds me of him. He is constantly on my mind......when I start thinking and seeing him in Hospice I try really hard to refocus myself......that horrible pain makes me physically sick.

I know in my head it was his time and that the good Lord doesn't make mistakes but my poor heart believes differently. I didn't realize how much we did talk to each other until he was gone. I'm wanting to tell him stuff all the time so I just talk to this empty house. Like he's here......still with me and I know in a way he is.

I thank each of u from the bottom of my heart for your messages. They mean the world to me and I know there are many that have me in their thoughts and prayers even without a message.

Debi from Georgia

Debi,

Glad you were able to get in to see the doctor before this infection worsened. I too have my bladder in a mesh sling. Unfortunately, the antibiotic i was given for 14 days after the surgery was Levaquin which is at the top of the list of antibiotics and PN; not sure about the one you were given.

Especially with your history, you really need to see the Gyn on a regular basis. I am on estrogen so the Gyn has me come in every 6 months for hormone lab work and a 6 months prescription.

I remember the quiet evenings were the most difficult. And of course, there are things you want to ask or tell him things that are going on; and then you remember.....I know it hurts Debi.

I like your husband's response your face hurting.... "lalala" . Really cute!!

Hope you get a decent night's sleep. Your resistance is pretty low right now.
Take care dear friend,

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (09-27-2015), St George 2013 (09-26-2015)