View Single Post
Old 09-26-2015, 12:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioBased View Post
FYI I am posting this so you might avoid what happened to me. About two years ago during an eye exam I was told I had glaucoma, so the doctor prescribed drops. I found it hard to believe, because all my previous pressure readings were low, but my doctor dismissed my concern that the one high reading was because I drank mucho coffee before the exam. I ended up using the prescribed drops----until CRPS intervened and I was too ill to deal with getting another prescription for the drops.

When I visited the eye doctor yesterday I was caffeine free and my eye pressure was normal. She wanted to attribute the low reading to the drops, but I had not used them for over a year. This time she accepted that caffeine caused the anomalous reading, no glaucoma.

Research on the net confirms that caffeine can cause high ocular pressure. Avoid caffeine before having an ocular pressure test.
Hi Bio,
Hmmmm. This is food for thought cause my eye sight is blurry a lot and I too enjoy my coffee. That's my only addiction (that I know of anyway...lol) and I do have more than others have told me was a reasonable amount...
Thanks for the info...
Russell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (09-26-2015), RSD ME (09-26-2015)