View Single Post
Old 09-26-2015, 01:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Nursemurph,

If I were in your place I would find another Epileptologist and request that all your medical records me sent to that Dr. Over the yrs. I have had problems with different neuros or Epileptologist and if I'm not happy I just find another Dr. or if it's really bad I report the Dr. to the medical conduct board.

What you may want to do is get away from a regular psych and start seeing a neuropsychologist or neuropsychatrists these Drs. can do simple tests on you and find out what area of the brain you are using for memory, speech and much more they in turn work with your Epileptologist. I had to see one before and after I had brain surgery to be sure I could handle the surgery emotionally if anything happened. The problem I see today is that many psychatrists and family Drs. along with people just don't understand epilepsy and they are living in the dark ages thinking that many people who have epilepsy have mental or emotional problems which is a bunch of nonsense. Look at Elton John, Edgar Allen Poe, Einsteen, Danny Glover and many famous people have or had epilepsy and they are fine.

In regards to the DNA test most Drs. wont say a word to a person about this because they like making money from the drug co. when they prescribe meds. But all you have to do for a DNA test is have the Dr. take a few tubes of blood and wipe the inside of your mouth with a q-tip. All of this is sent to the lab and from the blood and salvia they can see your body chemistry and the amount of enzymes in your liver and they can match all of that up to the best seizure med for you with the least side effects.

One other thing you should do is keep track of your sz. write down what time they happen on a calendar and describe the sz. also write down when you start and stop your monthly cycle because hormones changing each month can often trigger sz. for many women. Keep track when you are sick and if there's a low pressure in the weather because this can sometimes trigger sz. also.
Wishing you and your husband only the best and May God Bless the Both of You!
Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (09-28-2015)