View Single Post
Old 09-26-2015, 01:57 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee1 View Post
Hi all,

I had ACD with fusion on July 12. Prior to the surgery I had left upper arm pain and upper spine and neck pain. I did not have numbness in my hands. About a week ago I started to get tingling and numbness in both my hands and horrible joint pain in all of my body. I am not sure if my new symptoms are a result of the surgery or not. Has anyone experienced new symptoms following their surgery? I have a visit tomorrow with the neurosurgeon and will address with him, but curious what your experience has been.

Thanks!
Lee
Dont know if this helps, but if you were in a cervical collar for a long while, your neck muscles may have become weak. Fusion is one thing but your deep and superficial muscles need to work together to hold the neck in the right position. If they dont work, the neck pokes forward, extends and the base of the neck where it joins the thoracic spine gets into further stress. Which means C7-T1 junction where a lot of the nerves go to the hands etc get messed up.

Ask your Dr about cervical isometrics to build strength up. My reading suggests its often prescribed for this reason.
Akash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote