View Single Post
Old 09-27-2015, 04:25 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

I know your Mom means no harm but sometimes just the mention of things like clothes and other personal items bring a flood of emotions. It took me almost a year before I even felt like I could sort through his clothes. And then it was a long process because I wanted to keep everything I touched! You'll know when it's the right time to go through things. There's no rush and no specific time frame. What works for you is what is right.

I know just how you feel about seeing the truck. My husband had a new red Chevy truck that was his pride and joy. It was too long to safely park in the garage so it stayed on the parking pad beside the garage. I'd see that truck every single time I went outside and it was a long time before I could walk by it without tearing up.

There will be things that trigger you.....things you'd never think would be an issue. That's just how grief works. But it's all working towards strengthening you. There is no time frame and no schedule you must follow. It's a very personal journey and one we have to take by ourselves (for the most part) but with the help of friends and loved ones it can be done.

Enjoy the good days and be gentle with yourself during the bad ones. It's an emotional roller coaster but with each passing day you're getting stronger.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (09-27-2015), RSD ME (09-27-2015), St George 2013 (09-27-2015)