View Single Post
Old 09-27-2015, 09:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePoolPlayer View Post
Thanks, I think that I will just save more money. It's not worth losing my benefits.

It really does sound like more of a SSD trap.

There are work incentives for SSDI recipients but the end line purpose of ALL those incentives is for the recipients to eventually get off of disability benefits. There are no work incentives designed for recipients to get extra cash to live on. So, it is not a trap and there are many people who work and never lose SSDI benefits because they never perform SGA (think of a Down's syndrome bagger at your local grocery store) and those who hide the fact that they are working and performing SGA and end up with cessation of benefits and large overpayments. And everything in between.

You are looking for a law that doesn't exist. That there is a guarantee that work will not affect entitlement to benefits paid because you can't work.

So stories about others don't really help you because the details are different - and the details matter.

But seriously, how can a half an hour a month buying and selling generated any meaningful income? Thirty minutes of work might generate $20? And if you can do it for 30 minutes, why can't you do it for 20 hours a week?

Add the stress of worry and reporting for a few bucks, I agree it might make more sense to figure out how to spend less.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote