View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 09:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Blush

hey Sue, this is jen from oz just wondering, wouldnt an mri pick up on these liesions in the brain, or deep within the tissue, that test sounds pretty invasive to me, i'm asking due a the neuro i saw yesterday is giving me a take home 24 hour monitor eeg, as my episodes are mostly happening around period time,i had a totaly clear MRI, so why if i was having seizure wouldnt the mri show leisions as so many others do.
i thought the MRI was the best tool for viewing the brain?
just wondering thats all. thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkette View Post
Hi flopper,
The signs of a psuedo sz. would not show up on an e.e.g. because it's a fake sz. the person is acting out a sz. and it looks real to many but when the person is put in the hospital for oberservation the Dr. can tell by the way the person is pretending to have the sz. Often a person will do this when they are having emotional or mental problems. Sometimes they will do this to get attention from family.
I don't have psuedo sz. My sz. are from a scar on the RTL of the brain from difficulties while my mother was carrying me. Yes, when I had a veeg my epi and neurosurgeon found more brain damage on the left side of the brain and that's because the electrodes were placed in 7 different areas of my brain I had 4 electrodes on the right side and 3 on the left side of my brain for 5 days . Since the electrodes were deeper in the brain instead of on top of the head they found more brain damage and I was told that the reason I have brain damage on the left side of the brain is because I had so many absence and cp sz. over the yrs. that it caused more brain damage. I hope I've been of some help. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
jenD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote