Thread: Ganglionopathy
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 06:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoannaP79 View Post
Thank you en bloc..I will keep on fighting to access it. I was taking entanercept ( enbrel) for my other problems but stopped it as I was worried about the nerve damage I already have. I get very frightened about making things worse. Problem is I am now in an awful state with severe inflammation in my eye stomach problems and awful neck back shoulder and joint pain from the AS. It has shown me that the enbrel was suppressing that. I fear I may not get ivig if I stay on enbrel as neither the neuro nor rheumy have a clue about taking both.
Things are just horrific right now to be honest. I can't even take naproxen or tramadol as I think one of them is causing my awful stomach problems.
Have you considered a short course of steroids...to see if your neuropathy and other symptoms are largely inflammatory based? If not, then it would be a wise choice...not a long course, just a taper pack. If your SFN is more inflammatory based, then you might feel much better (immediately). It's worth a try, just to determine (and learn) the amount of inflammation you are dealing with. Labs may/may not help tell you about your level of inflammation, but they are not very accurate.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote