View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 08:20 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehouse View Post
If I was the emotional type I would probably cry right now, but I will find a sappy emoticon instead....wait for it.....

Ok, I am good now.

Very proud of you (despite that fact you are just words on my screen) and I am beyond ecstatic that I have may have helped and inspired just one person. That makes the posting more than worth it.

Keep up the great work and follow me on the sobriety ladder....you will never catch up with me, you may surpass me, but it will be an absolute journey.

Icehouse. I picked up on your thread this morning, over here in Blighty. I, like you, have been a heavy drinker for twenty years, (though you are now 4 years sober I presume, and for that I doff my cap to you sir). I have suffered with all the symptoms you have described in your thread, aswell as excruciating night cramps. Another, more disturbing effect of alcohol withdrawal I have suffered from are full blown epileptic type fits. I am told that these have occurred because I have stopped drinking with immediate effect one day, from drinking over a litre of vodka, plus red wine for long periods on previous days, sometimes for periods of up to a month. I have been hospitalized several times, and locked up countless times. The strange thing for me is that I can go weeks without a drop, and then for some unknown reason, BANG! I'm on a three week binge. Alcohol has taken everything from me, job, girlfriend, home, friends.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Icehouse (09-28-2015)