View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 09:24 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madisongrrl View Post
http://powerhealthtalk.com/do-choles...neuropathy.htm

If you have PN and were taking a statin, you will probably enjoy this podcast. I like these guys because they always include references with every talk. I'm sure you can print out a few of the studies and take them to your doctor.
These guys are very good. Reasonable commentary. It is interesting though, they seem to be almost afraid to flat out say that Statins cause neuropathy.They site the research, they talk about the patients, and the doctors who are being paid to push the drugs but are seemingly wary of saying get off the statin , yet you can tell they think they are bad news. But, you can tell they don't think highly of them or the current guidelines for measuring cholesterol levels.

Fortunately, my cardiologist took me off simply because i was not comfortable taking them and having SFN. Told me to stay with the Atkins diet, he was actually a fan of it. And said he expected higher cholesterol numbers on it but they are usually made up of the healthy cholesterol and will take it into consideration. He hasn't ruled out the new cholesterol shot, but said he wants to wait on that and most importantly, do what i feel comfortable with.

The medical industry has made us all believe that Cholesterol is "evil". And it many ways not only is it good, but essential.

• R-Lipoic Acid: 100mg - 300mg Daily
• Acetyl-L Carnitine: 1500mg Daily
• Vitamin B12: 1000 mcg Daily
• Magnesium 500mg Daily
• Grape Seed Extract 200mg Daily
• Benfotiamine 300mg daily

Patrick Winter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
glenntaj (09-29-2015), mrsD (09-28-2015)