Thread: Ganglionopathy
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 01:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoannaP79 View Post
My blood shows minimal inflammation which is frustrating. My eye problem is iritis, inflammation of eye due to autoimmune attack. My joints are inflammatory reactions too. I tried corticosteroid shot and one week if prednisone which didn't help the neuropathy.
I do feel that my neuropathy is much worse since stopping the enbrel, not that I had improvements on that.

En bloc, do you know from your latest rheum visit whether a biologic may be used in conjunction with IVIG?

I actually just left from an appt at Hopkins and was told that YES, a biologic can be used in conjunction with IVIG...but it is risky in my case because my use of IVIG is not just for neuropathy. I am immune deficient and therefore use of a biologic that further suppresses my already deficient immune system is very risky. But otherwise (for most other people), biologics can be used with IVIG according the inflammatory arthritis rheumy I saw today.

As for the bloods showing minimal inflammation...this is what I meant by the labs not being very accurate. They should not be relying on them to base your level of inflammation. The one week of steroids you got may not have even been enough to know whether it would have been helpful. How much did you receive daily?

Your neuropathy also may not be inflammatory based and that should be further documentation for the use of IVIG.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote