View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 02:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hey pinkynose :)

My SFN came on fast and in a hurry in May of 2013. I had just finished chemo the month before and I guess it just sped everything up.

Looking back I now see that the SFN was coming on slowly years ago. I'd come home from work, cook dinner and then sit in the recliner with my feet up. My toes felt like the athlete's foot commercial with the fire coming out the end of the toes ! After I slept it was fine the next morning. I don't remember ever hearing the work neuropathy until I got dx'd with this.

My oncologist would ask about my feet prior to the treatment (carbo/taxol) but I didn't know why he was asking. It never got bad during the treatments just some tingling in my feet and jaw. He did lower the taxol after the 2nd treatment from 330 mg to 300 mg a treatment. I had six treatments in total.

I was also pre-diabetic and the chemo increased my A1C during treatments.

From everything I've read on here everyone's is different in how it presents and how it progresses. In theory mine came on acute so it should have slowed down ? I think that's what I've read before. Didn't happen for me. I finally asked for a skin punch biopsy in Sept of that year and that is when I found out just how bad my SFN was. I cried because I was so happy to have a dx.

Take care.

Debi from Georgia
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (09-29-2015), pinkynose (09-28-2015), zkrp01 (09-29-2015)