View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 09:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hi Pinkynose,

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkynose View Post
I've noticed that some folks are more lucky than others in the way this disease progresses. Does anyone understand the cause for progression both in symptoms and/or intensity? I'm feeling quite vulnerable this morning.
Thanks
I think the way we suffer with pn is an individual thing. It has a lot to do with your attitude, your life style, tolerance for pain etc. I have read with the different types of neuropaties their are different symptoms, Also has a lot to do with the severity of the neuropathy. Mine happens to severe.

I also know it is a complication of diabetes and I can tolerate the pain and discomfort better when my diabetes is in control. Like today my husband 3 days ago brought ice cream home I ignored it up until this afternoon and had a bowl.
Right after the pins and. Pringles and burning and numbness all got severe. Morale of story I can to some degree control the intensity of my pain by knowing what the cause is.

I try very hard but there are times I do cave in and pay the piper.
uglogirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (09-29-2015), pinkynose (09-29-2015), St George 2013 (09-28-2015), zkrp01 (09-29-2015)