View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 10:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthgirl View Post
If it's related to the livedo issues, it seems crazy that 3 of us with in a few weeks of each other started getting it and that it could be caused by an autoimmune antibody.
Unless we have some kind of viral or bacterial cause that could cause a vasculitis.
They assumed a year ago in the hospital that it was some sort of autoimmune vasculitis, but could find no test results to prove it. I was eventually sent to the neuromuscular dr. who found the SFN and autonomic stuff. I am probably due for some retakes of my blood work in the next few months.
Healthgirl.... Cold sensitivity was one of the first issues when my nerve pain started. Going through the refrigerator section of a grocery store would make my face go numb. I couldn't attend my kids fall sports because it would trigger painful numbness through my whole body but especially my feet. All auto immune has been ruled out for me so we know it's not that.
But I wonder if you've been tested for parvo virus B19? It can cause levido reticularis and is what is felt triggered my various difficult pain syndromes. I've been diagnosed with central sensitization, which I probably do have, but I feel I also have true peripheral nerve involvement too. Plz consider asking your doctor for this. It can be a brutal experience especially in adult women... Crushing joint pain and swelling, especially of the hands knees and feet, prolonged fever, gastrointestinal issues, extreme fatigue, peripheral nerve pain (more uncommon) and levido. A viral illness could explain why numerous family members have symptoms. Good luck.
heb1212 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote