View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 10:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diandra View Post
hi Janie,
forgive me for not reading through your entire post. eye issues.

I had breast cancer, was dx'ed March 2015.

I don't know why you are taking estrogen(my apologies, have not been on forums much lately) but my medical oncologist gave me 3 reasons, potentially, why I got BC and one of them was using HRT for menopause. The other two were being on birth control pills in my younger days and not having had children. I am not really sure why he told because it is moot at this point.

I was stunned when I was told I had breast cancer and if I had my life to live over and know what I know now, if the doc was correct, I would have used another method for birth control and not done HRT.

You are smart to research and take matters into your own hands.
I wish you the best Janie.
Diandra
Hi Diandra,

Well, I've pretty followed the same road you have.

I was on the BCP for about 20 years and never had children. My neuropathy hit the month after I stopped taking them when I was 52. It may just be coincidence, but between the timing of it and the timing of when I flare badly now, I feel there's a hormonal component to this. Having done a lot of Googling on a possible connection, I see a lot of people saying there certainly can be one, but not much beyond that. To date, no doctor I've seen seems to know anything about it.

I definitely feel like the very strong "buzzing" I sometimes have in the morning accompanied by a racing heart is cortisol levels. That's the only thing that makes sense. It calms down when I get moving in the morning.

The other thing that happened to me is after about 2 or 3 months of being off the pill, my heart went berserk. I started having crazy palpitations to the tune of 1300 in 24 hours when they put a holter on me. I thought it was from the stress of neuropathy. Long story short, it was about this time I wondered about a hormonal cause for my neuropathy, and called my gyn. She prescribed low dose estradiol which did nothing for my neuropathy, but stopped the palpitations within a couple of days.

So I know something is going on hormone-wise...I just don't know what.
janieg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote