View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 11:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused new to post--taking neurontin 300 mg at night.. doc wants to change to Lyrica

Have been taking 300 mg neurontin for about 4 months. was to have started with 1 cap for week, increase to 2 for two weeks then to 3 caps..
Did ok with 1 cap... started 2 and I felt dizzy, tired, exhausted, fatigued all the time. plus I was not in control of self and worse, could not think straight and my sentence structure was unfinished sentence or one started and working in incomplete dictionary. NO mind .... NO pain!
Cut back down to 1 cap and do OK.
Suffered lots from UTI but good urologist took care of that!
weight gain, some or just maintaining.
Have diabetic neuropathy as am type 1 and for most part am in control. However, with the medictions, I seem to forget when to give extra bolus!
Have Osteosporosis, mid to advanced stages, have rheumotoid Arthritis as well, and other problems.

Suggested that I go to Pain Management physician! NO, I think Not.. I am in control not the doctor. Think PM doc is over rated and I am not taking more medications. Once the neuropathy symptoms of tingling, sharp jabbing pains, spasms, dead feelings, etc stopped, I can manage with a "tylenol arthritis" as need be or if worse a half an oxycodone cap helps. I am not a pill pusher ! So, no Pain Managment for me!

Doc now suggests Lyrica.............
which is the worst of the two Neurontin or Lyrica?
which has the worst of side effects?

Any comments on all this

glorybeeric
glorybeeric is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote