View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 12:04 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebeed View Post
I also have developed muscle twitching in the last month or so in my legs. The neuropathy seems like it is getting a lot worse. It used to be just my feet, now I have stabbing in my ankles and the pain is halfway up my calves. My muscles have started twitching and my calves feel like they are cramping. I take magnesium citrate. The pain has gotten so bad that I can't sleep at night. Also started new weird sensations like water dripping up my legs.
My neuropathy started with twitching which my neurologists insist are benign fasciculations. Truthfully I don't care what they call it as long as it stops because they made it impossible to sleep. I had the burning and all the other sensations you are describing but at the beginning they were not as much an issue as they later became. I am on Gabapentin but I am looking to get off it. Some people are helped by it. I am looking for a doctor to prescribe a topical with Gabapentin and other ingredients that I can use as needed instead.

Some things to try:
Slow Mag (1 in the morning and 1 at night with a meal)
Morton's Epsom Lotion
Aspercreme with Lidocaine (some people prefer Menthol instead)

Check some of the threads on topical creams and supplements. There is a wealth of information. I hope this helps.
pinkynose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (09-29-2015)