View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 04:06 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

James,

You are great with those xrays and that painter thing!!

I copied your panoramic xray on my word so I could enlarge it. In doing so I think there may be a concern on tooth #6. This also seems likely in the new photos you shared here.

The area you circled on #2, yes that sure looks like decay into the furcation (the junction where the roots meet in the center of the top of the root system) and up into the mesial (front) root. This tooth also appears to be non vital.

Also, on the enlarged panoramic view, tooth #4 infection, may have perforated the sinus. It sure is close.

I don't want to open up another can of worms but I think it would behoove you to not just focus on this one area of your mouth as you may have some other things going on that could help determine the replacement option for the upper right. The last 3 teeth on your upper left appear to be not so healthy and may even be non vital or partially non vital. What does your dentist say about those teeth?

The reason I bring the upper left into the picture is because:

#1) The longevity of them is most likely limited.
#2) Taking that into consideration along with the bacteria that is associated with non vital teeth, if those teeth were removed and the upper right posterior were removed, you would be a candidate for a removable partial denture.

Yes, what I am saying at first sounds extreme. However I'm suggesting that you take a look at the whole picture. If it's decided that both the upper right and the upper left existing teeth are in hopeless condition, then the least invasive replacement option to take care of both sides would be a removable partial denture. Based on everything you have shared here, I think this should be considered carefully before you get involved in dental implants.

My statement about problems cannot be managed properly.... disregard. It was me thinking out loud as I was trying to put my reply together. I edited that statement out of my original post.

The photos of the mini implants that you posted.... whose mouth was that? I ask because your lower implants are average size and I don't see those mini ones in your panoramic xray.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by james pierson View Post
I did think of this expensive solution but as you have expressed before you need to make sure you have adequate bone before even considering this option. And I have no idea how you would determine if the bone is healthy, wide enough or thick enough to make an educated decision on this option.

I did notice that in your previous answer to my original post at the end you said and I quote "The problems you have cannot be managed properly" What did you mean by that? That my case is hopeless? I hope not and I also hope there is a rational solution for my problem because I need to chew to eat.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote