View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 07:52 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Working while having this condition is the absolute worst. I can manage my body so much better every time I take a week off from working.

Can you eventually work from home, on occasion, once you learn your job? I work from home about once per week and that really helps. Roll out of bed, don't comb the hair, pour the coffee, and fire up the computer!!! I love it.

I also have a sit-stand work station at the office, which is lovely to change up positions when I'm burning from sitting too long and I sometimes take 5 minute walks outside the building to break up the day (and break up the burning).

I work at a place that generally doesn't value work-life balance and they have no problem giving you more than 60 hours worth of work each week. No thanks!!!

I've found a way to mostly side-step this nonsense for now. I get along with well with my co-workers, I'm known as a problem solver and drop whatever I'm doing to help someone out, I do good quality work, and on occasion, I will put in a 18 hour day to help someone close a project. In my free time, I create tools that make my co-workers lives easier - screenshot instructions for working with various pieces of software or write macros to help them automate various tasks. I make sure everyone around me is generally happy and in exchange for that, I don't take ownership of big stressful projects, I forgo getting a promotion and I work 40 hours each week. And I'm going to ride this wave until it crashes...
madisongrrl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (09-29-2015), janieg (09-29-2015)